Sunday 3 May 2015

2015 Round-Up !

I haven't been very good at updating the blog, so I shall start from the beginning of the year. Not much happened in January Cookie was 6 months at the end of the month, so February saw the start of a few Open Shows. We haven't done many Open shows for such a long time, we'd forgotten how nice it was to be at a show which was within an hour of home ! We really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere around the Open ring, which is a little lacking at the Championship shows. We must hold our hands up the fact that Open entries are dwindling, I myself have only just started entering Opens again as they are excellent practice for Championships shows for puppies. I know this attitude is not helpful, however it has made me realise that Opens are fun ! Something I think you forget when you show so much at Championship shows. I will now make much more of a concerted effort to support my local Opens. Cookie has done well at the Open Shows, having many placings, inlcuding Best Puppy In Breed at Hampshire Gundog Open Show under Stella Oliver.

Proud Cookie and her Best Puppy rosette

March saw CRUFTS, the biggest show in the showing calendar. We had such a fantastic time, it's such a unique show, we saw friends from all over the world, it was so lovely to catch up ! It was a quiet show for us this year. We took only Jive who was in Veteran Bitch, typically she was in one of the biggest classes of nearly 30 bitches ! We are so proud of her though, she made it through the cuts and got down to the final 7 but was unplaced, she was a superstar ! Love my Bunny Dog !

April saw a big event, Cookie's first eye test including gonioscopy, the lovely Ian Mason tested her, and thankfully she passed with flying colours. So Cookie has clear eyes, such a relief !! Just have to get through the hip scoring later in the year !

No comments:

Post a Comment